Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

Spring is finally upon us . . . and for me that means getting out the capris and flip-flops (or buying new ones). This weekend, my mom, Nannie and I went to Evansville in search of some bargains. After picking up a few pairs of capris and a couple of new spring tops, I feel as though I'll be able to make it through the next two months of school.

For Jason, spring means being outside and constantly piddling with a project. He made me a wooden holder for my curling brush, blowdryer, and flat iron that hangs on the door and out of sight. He also finished the trim in the bathroom and cleaned the kitchen floor so that I could apply the grout sealer. Currently he plans to build another Easter basket (so that all of the nieces and nephews have one), tear out the old heating unit and turn it into a pantry, build a small wooden stool, and build an easel of sorts for me so that I can hang different backdrops when I take pictures. The fact that he loves playing with power tools is a big perk for me!


Jed and I are with David after church services on Easter Sunday.

Jason, Kelly, and Eric are getting ready to hunt eggs.

I don't want to rush them, but I look forward to hunting eggs with Ella and Andrew. I can't wait to hear what they have to say, what they'll be interested in, and what kinds of cool ideas they'll have about who they want to be. It's so exciting!

What's your favorite Easter memory or tradition?