This weekend I was reminded of three things:
1. God is good . . . even when we don't deserve it.
2. My family is awesome!
3. Every day is a gift.

I received a call from Jason late Thursday night, and he told me that he had been injured at work but that he was okay and there was no need to worry. I went to bed a little upset that he hadn't gone to the doctor but assumed that he would be fine, just as he had told me he would. However, I woke up Friday morning to a ringing phone and a worried husband. He had gone to the ER in the middle of the night because he could no longer stand the pain. The accident that had been "nothing to worry about" earlier, had become a serious injury.
Jason works for a company that does industrial work. While he was vaccuming up some water and debris, the stick attached to the flex-pipe came back and hit him in the eye, penetrating his visor and safety glasses. The result was a few outward scratches, a cornea abrasion, and lots of internal swelling. So much swelling in fact, that he couldn't see out of his injured eye.

So I hurriedly get a substitute, put on some clothes, and take off in the car for Tennessee. I soon realize that it's five o'clock in the morning, and I am not a morning person. I have no idea how I made it to Gallatin and back without having a accident. That in its self is a miracle. After loading up my car with his work things and getting his prescriptions filled (neither of which he could help with since he couldn't see), he fell asleep in the passenger seat and I managed to get us home.
He rested all day Friday and was in horrible pain. Saturday, unable to withstand the pain any longer and afraid of losing his vision, we took off to MultiCare for a second opinion. Little did we know that we would be sent to yet another doctor - this time we were sent to an opthamologist. The specialist told us that there were no signs of infection but that Jason's eye was not responding to light. There was too much swelling to see if there was any damage behind the eye; we were to give his eye some time to heal and return on Monday morning.
Needless to say, Jason was a nervous wreck. And I don't blame him. We were both worried that his vision would be impaired permanently. That's when we were both reminded of those three things I mentioned in the beginning.
Back to my reminders . . . #1 - Monday's check up went wonderfully! The doc said there was no damage behind the eye and that he should regain his sight in a week or so. God is good!
#2 - My momma had been out of town, but rushed to doctor's office as soon as I called her. She's always there when I need her. My Nannie began praying for him, as she does for all of us on a daily basis. My brothers and sisters-in-law continuously checked on us throughout the weekend. My family is awesome! His family was wonderful too. Jason was feeling down, and his 30th birthday was Monday, so Sunday afternoon I decided to invite everyone over for pizza and cake. We watched some basketball, laughed, and played Apples to Apples; the best part was that Jason got his
mind off of things.
1. God is good . . . even when we don't deserve it.
2. My family is awesome!
3. Every day is a gift.

I received a call from Jason late Thursday night, and he told me that he had been injured at work but that he was okay and there was no need to worry. I went to bed a little upset that he hadn't gone to the doctor but assumed that he would be fine, just as he had told me he would. However, I woke up Friday morning to a ringing phone and a worried husband. He had gone to the ER in the middle of the night because he could no longer stand the pain. The accident that had been "nothing to worry about" earlier, had become a serious injury.
Jason works for a company that does industrial work. While he was vaccuming up some water and debris, the stick attached to the flex-pipe came back and hit him in the eye, penetrating his visor and safety glasses. The result was a few outward scratches, a cornea abrasion, and lots of internal swelling. So much swelling in fact, that he couldn't see out of his injured eye.

So I hurriedly get a substitute, put on some clothes, and take off in the car for Tennessee. I soon realize that it's five o'clock in the morning, and I am not a morning person. I have no idea how I made it to Gallatin and back without having a accident. That in its self is a miracle. After loading up my car with his work things and getting his prescriptions filled (neither of which he could help with since he couldn't see), he fell asleep in the passenger seat and I managed to get us home.
He rested all day Friday and was in horrible pain. Saturday, unable to withstand the pain any longer and afraid of losing his vision, we took off to MultiCare for a second opinion. Little did we know that we would be sent to yet another doctor - this time we were sent to an opthamologist. The specialist told us that there were no signs of infection but that Jason's eye was not responding to light. There was too much swelling to see if there was any damage behind the eye; we were to give his eye some time to heal and return on Monday morning.
Needless to say, Jason was a nervous wreck. And I don't blame him. We were both worried that his vision would be impaired permanently. That's when we were both reminded of those three things I mentioned in the beginning.
Back to my reminders . . . #1 - Monday's check up went wonderfully! The doc said there was no damage behind the eye and that he should regain his sight in a week or so. God is good!
#2 - My momma had been out of town, but rushed to doctor's office as soon as I called her. She's always there when I need her. My Nannie began praying for him, as she does for all of us on a daily basis. My brothers and sisters-in-law continuously checked on us throughout the weekend. My family is awesome! His family was wonderful too. Jason was feeling down, and his 30th birthday was Monday, so Sunday afternoon I decided to invite everyone over for pizza and cake. We watched some basketball, laughed, and played Apples to Apples; the best part was that Jason got hismind off of things.
Jason had to spend most of the weekend with his eyes closed,
especially when the flash went off as I took this picture . . . oops.
#3 - When it was all said and done, Jason only wanted one thing for his birthday (which happened to be Monday), and that was his sight. Often we take the little things for granted. I can't say that I won't take anyone or anything for granted ever again, but this weekend definitely put things into perspective for both of us.
