Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Floating Opry

Tuesday, May 25, was my birthday, and Jason and I had tickets to go to the Grand Ole Opry. Because of the recent flooding in Nashville, the Opry has been "floating" from venue to venue. We were fortunate enough to get the chance to see the Opry at Ryman Auditorium, the home of the original Opry.







The line-up was filled with stars; the Opry was kicking off its 85th birthday! Little Jimmie Dickens, Bill Anderson, Steve Warner, Ricky Skaggs, Vince Gill, and Brad Paisley were all there performing. To top it off, the show ended with a guitar jam featuring Warner, Skaggs, Gill, and Paisley. It rocked!













Jason and I stayed overnight at the Maxwell House; it was really nice and the rooms were super clean. We met a nice couple from Atlanta on our way to the show and visited with them afterwards.



The next morning, we slept in. Later, before heading home, we had lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. It ws delicious, but I had food envy. I chose the four cheese pasta; however, Jason's shrimp scampi was "to-die-for". Needless to say, we were so stuffed that we brought our dessert home. He chose the original cheesecake and I chose the chocolate torte cake - mmmmm!



Now we're counting down the days until we go to Myrtle Beach!