Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Myrtle Beach - No Oil Here!

Jason and I had planned our trip before the oil fiasco ever occurred, and we were glad we did. The beaches in Myrtle Beach were packed; however, we were staying on Garden City Beach some 10 minutes or so away. Unlike Myrtle Beach, Garden City Beach was family oriented, spacious, and realxing. The lifeguards were friendly, and we made lots of new friends during our week-long stay.


While there we spent most of our days on the beach just laying back soaking up the sun. But, Jason, after refusing to reapply his sunscreen, burned on the first day so on our second day there we took a trip to Brookgreen Gardens. Its the largest outdoor sculpture museum in the world. I was beautiful.


We also went to The Dixie Stampede, the USS North Carolina Battleship, Ripley's Aquarium, Broadway at the Beach (a unique shopping and dining area), and a minor league ballpark to watch the Myrtle Beach Pelicans. Also, because we were near Murrell's Inlet, the seafood capitol of South Carolina, we spent a lot of time eating; we loved Drunken Jack's and a place recommended by locals. (I can't recall the name, I should have written this blog sooner.) Next time, we plan to try out The Admiral's Flagship.