Since I started babysitting and working with kids at church when I was in high school, I have always been included in the birthday parties of children. I can't count how many times I have been skating, bowling, bouncing, etc. with kids young enough to be my own. When I look around at the crowd, I am often the only adult without children of her own to be in the midst of the fun. I take all of these invitaitons as compliments. I feel fortunate to be considered "a child" or "one of the girls". This weekend I was invited to my first tea party. Sarah was the birthday girl; Jason and I are good friends with her parents and since she and our nephew Austin are on the same baseball team, we often watch her play and cheer her own. Usually we see Sarah in her uniform or short and a t-shirt running around the house; however, Saturday afternoon she looked liked a princess.
