However, Jason met me at the door instructing me to close my eyes. This is when I got scared. He led me down the hallway, and I heard him turn on some lights. When I opened my eyes, I was amazed to see the task he had accomplished. He had covered the bathroom floor with backer board, the first step to laying tile. I wasn't even aware that we had backer board. We had purchased the tile this past Saturday, but I never imagined that I would have a tiled bathroom floor before the weekend! Yippee!
As of this morning, Jason and his brother had finished laying all of the tile. All we need to do now is grout, paint, replace the baseboards, and the commode. We'll see how this goes. Thank goodness we have another bathroom in the house or I might have flashbacks of last year's ice storm.
Jason has been full of surprises this week. He took me to work this morning because of the unexpected snowfall, which meant he also had to pick me up this afternoon. Upon his arrival, he announced that he had already picked up the paint for the master bathroom and that he would help me paint tonight. Surprise! I hadn't planned on painting tonight. Anyways . . . a few hours later we have a freshly painted bathroom - and a messy bedroom until it dries. Next, we plan to tackle the master bedroom and tile the master bathroom. The only one more out of sorts than us is Bit.
