
Jason and Eric (Jason's brother who is pictured to the left) completed their work on the bathroom floor yesterday. They grouted the tile, and Jason even cleaned up his mess. He also did laundry, put it away, dusted, and cleaned all of the floors. Wow! He must want something really good for his upcoming birthday.

After the guys had worked so hard on the house, the least I could do for my brother-in-law was feed him well. Eric, Cindy, and their son, Austin, came over for chili and hot dogs. Austin, like all kids his age, prefers a simple sandwich - a foot long sandwich from Subway on white with ham, pepperoni, and shredded cheese heated with sour cream chips. Of course, no one could say no to the chocolate chip cookies I took out of the oven. My husband could eat them by the dozen so long as they were warm.
With full bellies, we bowled on the Wii, found out "fitness age" (which I'm not revealing at this time), and did a little magic. Because the house has been in disaray lately, I came across a gift that I had picked up for Austin during a trip I made to the Smoky Mountains last year. It was a magic rope and a "haunted hankie". He loved them; he was able to make the nakie dance and the rope stand at attention in no time at all. He couldn't wait to take them to school and show them off . . . which of course made me feel like the best aunt ever. However, I hope his parents don't get annoyed with my gifts. Since Jason and I don't have children of our own, I plan to spoil all of my nieces and nephews.

After the guys had worked so hard on the house, the least I could do for my brother-in-law was feed him well. Eric, Cindy, and their son, Austin, came over for chili and hot dogs. Austin, like all kids his age, prefers a simple sandwich - a foot long sandwich from Subway on white with ham, pepperoni, and shredded cheese heated with sour cream chips. Of course, no one could say no to the chocolate chip cookies I took out of the oven. My husband could eat them by the dozen so long as they were warm.
With full bellies, we bowled on the Wii, found out "fitness age" (which I'm not revealing at this time), and did a little magic. Because the house has been in disaray lately, I came across a gift that I had picked up for Austin during a trip I made to the Smoky Mountains last year. It was a magic rope and a "haunted hankie". He loved them; he was able to make the nakie dance and the rope stand at attention in no time at all. He couldn't wait to take them to school and show them off . . . which of course made me feel like the best aunt ever. However, I hope his parents don't get annoyed with my gifts. Since Jason and I don't have children of our own, I plan to spoil all of my nieces and nephews.

Later in the evening we played Apples to Apples. I'd never played this game before, but we had received it as a wedding gift from Shelia and Amy. Everyone gets seven red cards and each person has his/her turn reading off a green card. The green cards are adjectives and the red ones are nouns. Once someone reads their green card, you have to think of a red card in your hand that fits that description. The red card that the reader chooses gets that green card, and the first person with seven green cards wins. It's much easier to play than what I made it sound.First, I was impressed with how well Austin reads. There were some tough words on those cards, but he didn't get frustrated, took his time and sounded them out. Then I was a little afraid by how much similar he is to Jason. They think just alike. I'm not sure if that means Austin is mature for his age or that I'm married to a seven year-old????
