Tuesday, February 22, 2011

We're Having a Baby!

On February 14th, 2011 (Valentine's Day), Jason and I found out that we would soon have an addition to our little family! We are so excited!

When I was 18, I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma. Though the cure rate was high at the time (and still is), the doctor told me that taking the chemotherapy would probably make it difficult for me to have children.

I had never thought about having children until the choice seemed to be taken away from me. For years, having children wasn't something that I thought about often. However, when I met Jason and we married, I knew that some day I wanted to make a family with him.

Lucky us! God had bigger plans than the doctors (or me) could have ever imagined. We told our families Monday evening, after having a blood test to seal the deal. Everyone is excited, including my nephew Austin. He wants us to have a boy so he can teach him how to rabbit hunt, play baseball and basketball, and race remote-controlled cars.

We don't have a due date yet, but we should know more in 2 weeks. I've been slow and inconsistent about blogging, but with a little one on the way blogging will be a great way to keep family and friends up to date on what's going on. I look forward to posting lots of good news!